Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Checked in.

I am currently blogging to you from my swanky hotel room in Richmond, VA. We've checked in, picked up our swag and had our pre-ride meeting & dinner. I haven't really gotten to know anyone yet, but I can tell its a pretty tight group. I still have butterflies in my stomach, but there's not much I can do at this point. I think I will be fine :-)

I'm currently in bed finishing my last beer and then I plan to drink a crap-ton of water and turn in. I'm already sleepy. Wake-up is at 5am tomorrow, so ouch.

Fancy swag:




"Beautiful" Richmond, VA. Notice the rain :-/




Kermit is tucked in for the night.




I have no idea what is going on in this movie because it is stuck in Spanish mode.


I did find out who I am riding for:

Corporal Kevin Lee Aigner of the Travis County Constables Office, Texas. End of Watch September 10th, 2011.

I don't know much about Cpl. Aigner. According to his Officer Down page, he was 38 years old, married & had 4 children-two sons, two daughters. He died when he developed breathing problems after assisting residents in an area suffering from wild fires.

I know that when he went to work that day, he expected to come home. His family expected him home. We all did.

Tomorrow, I dedicate my ride for him.




P.S. Major thank you to Roy (@rgarris) for getting me & Mir & our bikes and stuff to Richmond. #BikeDC people really ARE the BestDC people.

No comments:

Post a Comment