Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy Hour Fundraiser! Win prizes! Buy stuff! Drink beer!

I hope you enjoyed the guest post from Liz. Hopefully we can read more guest posts in the future.

I wanted to make you guys aware of a Happy Hour Fundraiser that Duffy's Irish Pub is hosting on our behalf next Wednesday, January 25th from 7pm to 12am.

Purchasing a $10 wristband at the door will get you:

-1 free entry into our raffle ($1 per ticket if you want more)


$10 pitchers of National Bohemian and Miller Lite. 
$14 pitchers of Sam Adams an Sam Adams Seasonal
$4 16oz drafts of Sam Adams, Sam Adams Seasonal
$3 16oz drafts of National Bohemian and Miller lite
$16 buckets of Yuengling bottles, 16oz Schlitz, 16oz PBR, 16oz High Life, 16oz Coors Light. 

$5 Shots of Jameson

AND 

1/2 off wings until 10pm (the beer specials are good until 12am)

Also, we will be selling Police Unity Tour water bottles ($10) & buttons ($3). I've only ordered 10 water bottles because I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out: they turned out awesome! But there's only 10, so if you want one-get there early. Also, please bring cash. We won't be able to accept credit cards at this time (a check might be ok).

The profit from the sale of the wristbands & other merchandise goes to the National Law Enforcement Memorial Fund, via the the Police Unity Tour.


There will also be some cool prizes for the raffle (you'll have to show up to find out what they are! ;-) )

For those that can't make it, but still wish to donate--you can make an online donation through the FirstGiving widget to the right----->.

I really hope that you can make it out. It will be nice to put faces to the names I see online.


As far as training has been going so far...it's off to a slow start. My bike has been ordered and is on its way. In the meantime, I've been bringing Betty out for a few rides on the weekends, since she was getting cranky at being neglected. Last weekend we hit up the Capital Crescent Trail and explored a bit of Bethesda. 

A cold & sunny afternoon

Betty loves the C&O.


The best part was the ride home, because it was after dark. Riding the CCT in the darkness was spooky & exhilarating. Good thing we had lights!

I fear that I'm going to fall short of my 100 mile goal for the month...but I've still got time. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment