Thursday, March 31, 2011

Springish--sort of?

Hi guys! How are you digging this weather?

Kinda sucks, right? Seriously, it has me down in the dumps. I am so tired of being cold. Last week was such a tease! I was so elated that I could walk outside without a coat, scarf, gloves & hat. I was running & biking up a storm...and then this week hit. Bah! Humbug! Back to hibernation mode.

I was really looking forward to checking out the Cherry Blossoms at the Tidal Basin this weekend too. The whole "cherry blossom festival" thing is something that I've never really gotten into while I've lived in DC. Cherry Blossoms are everywhere in this city, and I don't see the point in getting cramped in with a bunch of (very lovely, I'm sure) idiot tourists when I can see them from my window without being accosted by (well-meaning, I'm sure) idiot tourists asking for directions "To The Museums". Since the Tidal Basin becomes Idiot Tourist Central this time of year, and I have very little patience for it, I tend to avoid that area like the plague. But then I heard that WABA was going to be doing a bike valet service for it, and well.....now I have to check it out!

(P.S. I head that WABA is offering tickets to the Nats game on Sunday if you help staff their valet service on Saturday! I would totally jump on that, but I have to work. Poo. You better jump on it quick though-its only being offered to the first two people that volunteer!)

Some other spring events you might want to check out:

-30 Days of Biking! I first heard about this last year while I was on vacation in NC. The concept is very simple. Bike everyday for 30 days starting April 1st. Document it, share it, photograph it, whatever. Just get out and ride!

-Bike DC. This is by far my favorite bike event in DC. It was the very first biking event I ever signed up for. Now that it's been moved to the spring time, it usually falls somewhere around my birthday, so it becomes a present to myself. If there is one bike event that you should definitely do in the DC area, this is it. You get to bike around DC, sans traffic, including the GW Parkway & part of 395. It is a really awesome experience. I'm hoping to get as many friends involved as possible.

-Bike to Work Day! May 20th. There's a bunch of events going on around this day, so be sure to check it out.

Be sure to check out WABA's events page for even more bike events in the spring.

It has come to my attention that I failed to mention that the new running shoes I purchased last weekend were a result of a Christmas gift card for Pacers from the Boy. By far, its been the best & most useful gift I received.  I've been able to buy a bunch of stuff that I really wanted. So, thank you Boy!

Speaking of gift cards, I want to thank each and every one of you that entered my giveaway by offering a cycling memory on my last post. And congrats to Will. I really hope that gift card gets put to good use! To the rest of you (all 3 of you), I wish I had a gift card for all of you!

Nothing really major to report about my last week of biking. Pretty standard. Ride to work. Ride at work. Ride home from work. Sometimes ride to the bar, and then back. I already mentioned my little problem with Betty's chain and the random awesome guys that fixed it for her. Other than that, its been pretty chill.

Do any of you guys have any questions? I was contemplating putting together a FAQ, but then I realized probably no one really has an questions, let alone frequently asked ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment